Friday, June 27, 2008

It's been a while since I've posted.

When you are a chronic procrastinator, such as I am, there are many forces that pull you away from what you really want to do in life. I've learned that one of the main roots of procrastination is fear.

Yes, fear is why I haven't posted.
  • I fear that I have nothing valuable to say.
  • I am afraid that if I do put myself out there, no one will understand what I am talking about anyways, so why bother.
  • I tremble to think that everything I have in my heart and mind will not get out properly, that it will be a jumbled mess, and I will have to stop writing because it's just too hard to write coherently and get my message across at the same time.
  • I'm afraid everyone will catch on that I really can't write.
  • There's too much I want to say and not enough time to say it all.
  • I fear that spending time on what I want to do will pull me away from all I NEED to do. Others will become disappointed and perhaps upset with me.
  • Whatever I write will not be good enough (or at least as good as what's crammed in my mind's eye), so I will never measure up to the ideals I hold for myself.

Do any of these sound familiar to you? If so, whew! I'm not alone.

We procrastinators need to stick together and keep each other going. Which brings me back to what I had in mind when I started this blog.

  • I want to write through my own bouts of procrastination and hopefully inspire others in the process. (Man , would that feel good!)
  • I want to use what I am learning along the way so I can: a) visually see my own progress, and b) get rid of this procrastination habit for good and be successful.

My main hope though, is that readers will follow my progress and be encouraged to do so as well.

Upcoming posts: (Yes, I will be back!)

  • a long overdue update on my South Beach progress
  • book reviews on a few procrastination books I've read recently
  • useful websites I've found where procrastinators can greatly benefit

No comments: